Jet Plasma is a non-surgical procedure that can brighten and tighten skin, reduce hyperpigmentation, and promote levels of collagen regeneration. It is safe and very effective, with long-lasting results.
Atmospheric pressure plasmas are produced in a variety of materials processes, including transferred arcs and plasma torches, corona discharges, and dielectric barrier discharges. They have gas temperatures in the range of 50–400 °C and densities of charged species typical of weakly ionized gases.
A jet plasma treatment is a quick, pain-free, and non-invasive procedure that stimulates collagen and fibroblast activity in your skin. It tightens and improves fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity while improving skin tone, shrinking pores, and reducing hyperpigmentation.
This non-surgical treatment involves the use of a pen-like device that discharges plasma for the treatment. It causes a micro-injury in the skin, which then triggers the body’s natural healing process. The micro-injury creates a “hole” in the skin that triggers the production of collagen and elastin fibers, which results in immediate and noticeable tightening of the skin.
The plasma also stimulates collagen production in the dermis, resulting in an increase in skin elasticity and firmness over time. The results of this non-invasive skin rejuvenation are long-lasting and effective on all types of skin, including very sensitive and aging skin.
Before you undergo a Jet Plasma treatment, make sure to follow the recommended aftercare instructions. This will ensure that your Jet Plasma treatment is successful and you are satisfied with your results.
1. Avoid sun tanning, spray tanning, and other forms of sun exposure 4 to 6 weeks before your Plasma Pen treatment (especially if you have dark skin), as these can prevent the Plasma Pen from stimulating the production of more collagen in the treated area.
2. Do not apply any facial acids, such as Retin A, salicylic acid, or glycolic acid, to the treatment area for 14 days before and 21 days after your Jet Plasma session.
3. Do not undergo any laser therapy, chemical peels, or other cosmetic procedures on the same area where you intend to receive a Jet Plasma treatment. This may prevent your treatment from being performed by your technician at the time you want it.
4. Sleep elevated and use pillows as much as possible for the first few nights post-treatment to reduce swelling around the eyes.
5. If you develop small patches of raw skin, do not scratch them. This can cause infection and scarring.
If you experience any discomfort or pain during the treatment, please let your provider know immediately. This is normal for the first few days following the treatment, and it will subside over time.
Jet Plasma is a non-surgical and painless skin rejuvenation treatment that uses 13,000 volts of plasma to remodel the cellular structure of your skin. It also stimulates high levels of collagen production for a softer and smoother complexion.
The procedure itself is quick and easy, typically taking about 20 minutes to perform. The area is treated with local anesthetic cream to minimize any discomfort. There is a tingling or heat sensation during the treatment that subsides shortly afterward.
This type of treatment can be performed on most areas of the face and body. It can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores, and sun damage, to name a few. It is also great for reducing acne and inflammation, scarring, and stretch marks, and helping with eczema, rosacea, and hyperpigmentation (including melasma).
There is no downtime following a jet plasma treatment. However, you should not wear makeup or SPF for 12 hours after your treatment. You should also avoid exercise or saunas for the same period of time.
You should also be aware that a Jet Plasma treatment may cause mild redness and swelling of the skin in the treated area. It will also leave behind a small amount of crusting, which should disappear over the course of about a week.
If you are unsure whether or not a Jet Plasma treatment is right for you, talk to your skin specialist about the many options available to get the results you want. They will be able to recommend the most appropriate solution for your specific needs.